The kitten heel height can range from 1 inch (2.54 cm) to 3 inches (7.62 cm). The low to high heel height can be designed in different types of heel styles.
A classic type of kitten heel is short, narrow and mirrors the popular stiletto heel. The length of the shoe image on the left is approximately 2 inches (5.08 cm). The diameter of the bottom of the stiletto style heel s approximately 0.4 inch (1cm).
Some variations of kitten heels:
Each of the shoe heel images below are different but are identified as a kitten heel. The kitten style shoe are commonly without a platform. As seen in the examples below the heel can be narrow or chunky. The heel can be of natural or man-made material. Some heels are wrapped with the same or different material as of the upper shoe.
The comfort of a low wedge heel supports the foot instep to the heel.
A low block heel gives heel stability.
A low spool heel with an hourglass appearance.
A low triangular cone heel.
Shop online tips:
- Kitten heels can be found on many types of dress shoes also common with sandals and boots.
- The kitten stiletto heel style shoe can be used as a stiletto training shoe for first time high heel footwear.
- When there is a preference to wear feminine high heel shoes but without the ultra high heel height the kitten heel can fulfill a feminine look.
- Kitten heel shoes used as a second pair of shoes to change into will give the feet a rest on those days when expected to wear dress shoes with a high heels.
- Alternating the wear of high heels to lower heels will help with the prevention of foot injuries.